ACH Operating RulesOnline Banking AgreementMobile Banking Agreement
ACH Origination NACHA Operating Rules
You must obtain your customer/employee’s written authorization for entries.
Authorization forms must be kept for 2 years after termination or revocation in a safe, secure and fireproof location and then destroyed by shredding.
If you choose to initiate pre-notifications, you are required to wait a minimum of 3 banking days before transmitting the first live dollar entry.
PPD (Pre-arranged Payment or Deposit) a debit or credit entry to a consumer’s account. (Examples Include: Direct Deposit, Utility billings to a consumer’s account, membership dues to a consumer’s Account, etc.)
CCD (Cash Concentration or Disbursement)-debit or credit entries used to facilitate business-to-Business ACH payments or cash concentration. (Examples include: Billings to a business account, cash concentration transactions) If you have any questions regarding SEC Codes, Please contact us.
Entries returned Authorization Revoked by Customer, Payment Stopped or Customer Advises not Authorized cannot be reinitiated unless a new authorization from the customer has been obtained.
Entries returned for Insufficient Funds or Uncollected Funds can only be presented to the account 3 Times. (Original Entry + 2 reinitiated ACH entries) Company Entry Description must read: RETRY PYMT in the Company Entry Description field and contain original entry information found in the Company Name, Company Identification and amount fields when reinitiated.
Upon receipt of Notifications of Changes, requested changes must be made prior to initiation of the next entry to the customer’s account.
If a pre-authorized debit transfer varies from a previous transfer relating to the same authorization or from a fixed pre-authorized amount, the Originator must send the Receiver written notification of the amount and scheduled date of the transfer at least 10 calendar days before the scheduled transfer date.
Reversing files must be transmitted to City Bank & Trust Co. within 5 banking days following the Settlement Date of the erroneous file. All Reversing Files must be identified with ‘REVERSAL’ in the Company Entry Description field.
Files should be delivered to City Bank & Trust Co. by 4:00 p.m. Central Standard Time two business days prior to the effective entry date. (Does not apply to Same Day ACH files.)
Same Day ACH files must be delivered to City Bank & Trust Co. by 12:30 p.m. CST for the file to be processed on the current business day. Files must also be dated with the current business day as the effective entry date to be processed as a Same Day file.
You must use business days as the effective dates of the file. Non processing days will be Federal Holidays observed and week-end days.
View Our Holiday Schedule
You are responsible to establish and maintain the procedures to safeguard against unauthorized transmissions. You agree to take reasonable steps to maintain the confidentiality of the security procedures, passwords, tokens and related instructions provided by City Bank & Trust Co. You also agree to utilize your Sr. Administrator access to make any changes in authorized employees or to notify City Bank & Trust Co. immediately of any changes in authorized employees if your Sr. Administrator is unable to make the necessary changes.
For additional rules, a full copy of the NACHA Operating Rules is available at City Bank & Trust Co.
Online Banking Agreement
1. The Service.
In consideration of the Online Banking services (“Services”) to be provided by City Bank and Trust Co. (“BANK”), as described from time to time in information distributed by BANK to its customers. In the agreement, “Customer” refers to the person(s) subscribing to or using the Service, the Customer agrees as follows. You may use a Personal Computer (“PC”) through an Internet connection to obtain account balances and transaction information. You may also use your PC to obtain statements on your accounts and to transfer money between your accounts. However, transfers from your savings and Money Market accounts are considered pre-authorized transfers, and pre-authorized transfers are limited to six (6) per monthly statement cycle by federal regulations. In addition, you may use your PC to electronically direct us to make payments from your account to third parties (“Payees”) that you have selected to receive payment through the Service. You may make payments through the Service to any business professional, merchant, family member, or friend. The “Account” means your designated bill payment checking account at BANK from which we make bill payments on your behalf pursuant to the Agreement. By subscribing to the Service or using the Service to make any payments to a third party, you agree to the terms of the Agreement. PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY AND KEEP A COPY FOR YOUR RECORDS.
2. Your User Name and PIN or Password.
Each individual who has access to Online Banking, including each individual named on joint accounts, must designate a Personal Identification Number (“PIN”) or Password and a user name. Your PIN or Password must be a minimum of 8 characters, up to a maximum of 17 characters, which must consist of at least two (2) capitalized letters, two (2) lower case letters, and two (2) numeric characters. You may be required to change your PIN or Password periodically to enhance security.
3. Delivery of Your Transfers.
You may schedule transfers between your City Bank & Trust Co. accounts to be initiated on the current business day, on a future date, or on the same date of each month, subject to the restrictions in the Agreement. Although you can enter transfer information through the Service twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week, transfers can be initiated only on business days. Funds will be deducted from your Account on the business day on which a transfer is to be "initiated." This date is referred to in this Agreement as the "Transaction Date." If you direct the initiation of a transfer to occur on a day other than a business day, it will be initiated on the following business day.
4. Recurring Transfers
Recurring transfers are those made for the same amount and are made on a weekly, bi-monthly, monthly basis, etc. Once started, recurring transfers will be made automatically until you tell us to stop or cancel the transfer on-line and we have a reasonable opportunity to react.
5. Our Liability for Failure to Complete Transactions.
If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we might be liable for some of your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable for instance:
a. if, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer;
b. if the money in your account is subject to legal process or other encumbrances restricting transfer;
c. if the transfer would go over the credit limit on your overdraft line (if any);
d. if the system was not working properly when you started the transfer;
e. if circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood or systems failure) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
6. Canceling a Transfer.
You may use your PC to cancel a transfer up to 7 p.m. (CST) on the business day your transfer is scheduled to be initiated ("Transaction Date"). There is no fee for canceling a transfer Online.
7. BillPay Plus Payment Terms and Conditions
Please refer to the Bill Pay Terms and Conditions on the Bill Payment System.
8. SERVICE FEES
The fee for the Online Banking and the Bill Paying Service is: FREE.
Additional charges for customer requested services and other items
These charges will only be assessed if you request one or more of the services listed here. There will be No Charge for any item if needed to correct a Financial Institution error.
Overdraft fee – Item paid: $30.00
NSF Returned Item Fee: $30.00
Rush Payment Fees will include:
Overnight Fee: $14.95
Same Day Fee: $9.95
The Financial Institution reserved the right to charge you for research time involving payments no longer available in your screen history. You will be informed of any such charges before they are incurred.
Some Bill payments are processed by Electronic Fund Transfers (EFT). Please see the Electronic Fund Transfer Disclosure Statement received when you opened your account, which discloses important information concerning your rights and obligations.
All payments, transfers, and/or fees made with the OnLine Banking Service will appear on your monthly Account statement.
If you have elected to receive your statements electronically and at a later date would like to begin receiving a paper statement, please notify City Bank & Trust Co. PO Box 288, 1135 Main Avenue, Crete, NE 68333.
11. Equipment.You are solely responsible for the equipment (including, in the case of Online Banking, your personal computer and software) you use to access the Services. We are not responsible for errors or delays or your inability to access the Services caused by your equipment. We are not responsible for the cost of upgrading your equipment to stay current with the Services nor are we responsible, under any circumstances, for any damage to your equipment or the data resident thereon.
12. Business Days/Hours of Operation.
Our business hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST, Monday through Friday, except bank holidays. Although payments and transfers can be completed only on business days, the Service is available twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week, except during maintenance periods, for the scheduling of payment orders and transfers. Online (non-BillPay Plus) payments and transfers must be scheduled by the cut-off time of 7 p.m. local (Central Time) on any business day in order for the payment to be initiated for that business day.
13. Notice of your Rights and Liabilities.
Security of your transactions is important to us. Use of the Services will therefore require a PIN or Password. If you lose or forget your PIN or Password, please call (402) 826-2144 or (800) 811-9001 during normal business hours listed above. We may accept as authentic any instructions given to us through the use of your Password or PIN. You agree to keep your PIN and Password secret and to notify us immediately if your PIN or Password is lost or stolen or if you believe someone else has discovered your PIN or Password. You agree that if you give your PIN or Password to someone else, you are authorizing them to act on your behalf, and we may accept any instructions they give us to make transfers or otherwise use the Services. Online Banking Services enables you to change your Password; we may require that you do so regularly. We may be liable for certain security breaches to the extent required by applicable law and regulation. We do not assume any other liability or otherwise guarantee the security of information in transit to or from our facilities. Please note that we reserve the right to (1) monitor and/or record all communications and activity related to the Services; and (2) require verification of all requested transfers in the manner we deem appropriate before making the transfer (which may include written verification by you). You agree that our records will be final and conclusive as to all questions concerning whether or not your PIN or Password was used in connection with a particular transaction.
If any unauthorized use of your PIN or Password occurs you agree to (1) cooperate with us and appropriate law enforcement authorities in identifying and prosecuting the perpetrator; and (2) provide reasonable assistance requested by us in recovering any unauthorized transfer of funds.
Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your PIN or Password has been lost or stolen. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account (plus your maximum line of credit). If you tell us within two (2) business days, you can lose no more than $50. If you do NOT tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your PIN or Password, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your PIN or Password without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500. Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do NOT tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have prevented someone from taking the money if you had told us in time. If you believe your PIN or Password has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call (402) 826-2144 or (800) 811-9001 during normal business hours listed above. WE CANNOT ACCEPT NOTIFICATION OF LOST OR STOLEN PINS OR PASSWORDS OR UNAUTHORIZED TRANSFERS VIA E-MAIL.
14. Errors and Questions.
In case of errors or questions about your electronic transfers completed with Online Banking Services, telephone us at (402) 826-2144 or (800) 811-9001, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST, Monday through Friday, or write us at:
City Bank and Trust Co.
1135 Main Street,
Crete, NE 68333
as soon as you can, if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transaction listed on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we sent you the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared. You will need to:
a. tell us your name and Account number (if any);
b. describe the error or the transaction you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information; and
c. tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
If you tell us verbally, we may require you to send us your complaint or question in writing within ten (10) business days following the date you notified us. We will determine whether an error occurred within ten (10) business days [twenty (20) business days if the notice of error involves an electronic fund transfer to or from the account within thirty (30) days after the first deposit to the account was made] after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to forty-five (45) days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within ten (10) business days [twenty (20) business days if the notice of error involves an electronic fund transfer to or from the account within thirty (30) days after the first deposit to the account was made] for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) business days, we may not credit your account.
If we determine there was no error, we will reverse the previously credited amount, if any, and we will send you a written explanation within three (3) business days after we finish our investigation. You may ask for copies of the documents we used in our investigation.
15. Disclosure of Account Information to Third Parties.
We may disclose information to third parties about your account or the transactions you make:
a. where it is necessary for completing transactions or resolving errors involving the Services; or
b. in order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or a merchant; or
c. in order to comply with government agency rules, court orders, or other applicable law; or
d. to our employees, service providers, auditors, collection agents, affiliated companies, or attorneys in the course of their duties and to the extent allowed by law; or
e. if you give us your permission.
16. Authorization to Obtain Information.
You agree that we may obtain and review your credit report from a credit bureau or similar entity. You also agree that we may obtain information regarding your Payee Accounts in order to facilitate proper handling and crediting of your payments.
If you want to terminate your access to the On-Line Banking Services, call us at (402) 826-2144 or (800) 811-9001. After receipt of your call, we will send a written termination authorization for your signature and return to us. RECURRING TRANSFERS WILL NOT NECESSARILY BE DISCONTINUED BECAUSE YOU TERMINATE ACCESS TO THE SERVICES. IF YOU WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT RECURRING TRANSFERS BETWEEN ACCOUNTS BE STOPPED, YOU MUST FOLLOW THE PROCEDURES IN THE CANCELING PAYMENTS PARAGRAPH ABOVE.
We reserve the right to terminate the Services, in whole or in part, at any time with or without cause and without prior written notice. In that event, or in the event that you give us a termination notice, we may (but are not obligated to) immediately discontinue making previously authorized transfers, including recurring transfers and other transfers that were previously authorized but not yet made. We also reserve the right to temporarily suspend the Services in situations deemed appropriate by us, in our sole and absolute discretion, including when we believe a breach of system security has occurred or is being attempted. We may consider repeated incorrect attempts to enter your PIN or Password as an indication of an attempted security breach.
Termination of the Services does not affect your obligations under this Agreement with respect to occurrences before termination.
18. Limitation of Liability.
Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement or by law, we are not responsible for any loss, injury, or damage, whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, caused by the Service or the use thereof or arising in any way out of the installation, operation, or maintenance of your PC equipment.
No waivers of the terms of this Agreement will be effective, unless in writing and signed by an authorized officer of the BANK.
You may not transfer or assign your rights or duties under this Agreement.
21. Governing Law.
The laws of the state of Nebraska shall govern this Agreement and all transactions hereunder. Customer acknowledges that he/she has reviewed this Customer Agreement, understands the terms and conditions set forth herein, and agrees to be bound hereby.
We can change a term or condition of this Agreement by mailing or delivering to you a written notice at least thirty (30) days before the effective date of any such change. We do not need to provide you with any prior notice where an immediate change in the terms or conditions of this Agreement is necessary to maintain or restore the security of our system or an account. However, even in these cases, if the change is to be made permanent, we will provide you with a notice of the change with the next regularly scheduled periodic statement we send you, or within thirty (30) days, unless disclosure would jeopardize the security of our system or an account. Notices mailed or delivered to you under this paragraph will be considered effective if mailed to the most recent address we show for you in either our Checking or Savings Account records, or e-mail address in which you authorized to receive such notices and/or disclosures.
Customer, in consideration of being allowed access to the Services, agrees to indemnify and hold the BANK harmless for any losses or damages to the BANK resulting from the use of the Services, to the extent allowed by applicable law.
24. Security Procedures.
By accessing the Services, you hereby acknowledge that you will be entering a protected website owned by the BANK, which may be used only for authorized purposes. The BANK may monitor and audit usage of the System, and all persons are hereby notified that use of the Services constitutes consent to such monitoring and auditing. Unauthorized attempts to up-load information and/or change information on these websites are strictly prohibited and are subject to prosecution under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986
Mobile Services Agreement
Thank you for using the Mobile Money Services (“Services”) and any related Software (“Software”) provided by City Bank & Trust Co. (“Financial Institution”) combined with your handheld's text messaging capabilities. By participating in the Services or using the Software, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions, in addition to any terms and conditions to which you have previously agreed with respect to the underlying electronic banking and billpay services of which the Service is a part. Financial Institution in its discretion may modify these Terms and Conditions at any time. Standard messaging charges apply.
Terms and Conditions:
a. Program: Financial Institution offers their customers mobile access to their account information (e.g., for checking balances and last transactions) over the Short Message Service (SMS), as well as the option to set up alerts for their accounts (e.g., low balance alerts). Enrollment requires identification of the user's banking relationship with Financial Institution as well as providing a mobile phone number. The mobile phone number's verification is done by the user receiving an SMS message with a verification code which they will have to enter on the website. Additionally, customers may select the type of alerts and other preferences which will determine, together with their account data, the frequency of alerts delivered to the customer. This program will be ongoing. Standard messaging charges apply. Customers will be allowed to opt out of this program at any time.
b. Questions: You can contact us at “www.citybankandtrust.com” or 800-811-9001, or send a text message with the word "HELP" to this number: 99588. We can answer any questions you have about the program.
c. To Stop the program: To stop the messages from coming to your phone, you can opt out of the program via SMS. Just send a text that says "STOP" to this number: 99588. You'll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. After that, you will not receive any future messages.
d. The Services and/or Software may not be available at anytime for any reason outside of the reasonable control of Financial Institution or any service provider
Privacy and User Information.
You acknowledge that in connection with your use of the Services, Financial Institution and its affiliates and service providers, including Fiserv, Inc. and its affiliates, may receive and may share with one another names, domain names, addresses, passwords, telephone and device numbers, the content of messages, data files and other data and information provided by you or from other sources in connection with the Services or Software (collectively “User Information”). The Financial Institution and its affiliates and service providers will maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the information from unauthorized disclosure or use, but reserve the right to use and disclose this information as reasonably necessary to deliver the Services and as otherwise permitted by law, including compliance with court orders or lawful instructions from a government agency, to protect the personal safety of subscribers or the public, to defend claims, and as otherwise authorized by you. The Financial Institution and its affiliates and service providers also reserve the right to monitor use of the Services and Software for purposes of verifying compliance with the law, these terms and conditions and any applicable license, but disclaim any obligation to monitor, filter, or edit any content.
Restrictions on Use. You agree not to use the Services and Software in or for any illegal, fraudulent, unauthorized or improper manner or purpose and will only be used in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including all applicable state, federal, and international Internet, data, telecommunications, telemarketing, “spam,” and import/export laws and regulations, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that you will not use the Services and Software to transmit or disseminate: (i) junk mail, spam, or unsolicited material to persons or entities that have not agreed to receive such material or to whom you do not otherwise have a legal right to send such material; (ii) material that infringes or violates any third party’s intellectual property rights, rights of publicity, privacy, or confidentiality, or the rights or legal obligations of any wireless service provider or any of its clients or subscribers; (iii) material or data, that is illegal, or material or data, as determined by Financial Institution (in its sole discretion), that is harassing, coercive, defamatory, libelous, abusive, threatening, obscene, or otherwise objectionable, materials that are harmful to minors or excessive in quantity, or materials the transmission of which could diminish or harm the reputation of Financial Institution or any third-party service provider involved in the provision of the Services; or (iv) material or data that is alcoholic beverage-related (e.g., beer, wine, or liquor), tobacco-related (e.g., cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chewing tobacco), guns or weapons-related (e.g., firearms, bullets), illegal drugs-related (e.g., marijuana, cocaine), pornographic-related (e.g., adult themes, sexual content), crime-related (e.g., organized crime, notorious characters), violence-related (e.g., violent games), death-related (e.g., funeral homes, mortuaries), hate-related (e.g. racist organizations), gambling-related (e.g., casinos, lotteries), specifically mentions any wireless carrier or copies or parodies the products or Services of any wireless carrier; (v) viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information; (vi) any material or information that is false, misleading, or inaccurate; (vii) any material that would expose Financial Institution, any third-party service provider involved in providing the Services, or any other third party to liability; or (viii) any signal or impulse that could cause electrical, magnetic, optical, or other technical harm to the equipment or facilities of Fiserv or any third party. You agree that you will not attempt to: (i) access any Software or Services for which your use has not been authorized; or (ii) use or attempt to use a third party’s account; or (iii) interfere in any manner the provision of the Services or Software, the security of the Services or Software, or other customers of the Services or Software, or otherwise abuse the Services or Software.
CITY BANK & TRUST CO. MOBILE DEPOSIT SERVICE USER AGREEMENT
This City Bank & Trust Co. Mobile Deposit Service User Agreement (the “Agreement”) is entered into by City Bank & Trust Co. (the “Bank”) and you, the Customer. The Agreement governs your use of the Mobile Deposit Service (the “Service”). By enrolling to use the Service, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement. Please read this Agreement carefully and keep it for future reference. In addition to this Agreement, your Account is also governed by our Signature Card/ Deposit Agreement, Electronic Banking Terms and Conditions Agreement and Disclosures, including but not limited to the section entitled “Funds Availability Policy.” (together referred to as “the Deposit Agreement”). If the terms and conditions of this Agreement conflict with those of the above-mentioned agreements, the terms and conditions of this Agreement supersede the terms and conditions of the Deposit Agreement, only with respect to the deposits made through the Service. Deposits made through other channels continue to be governed by the Deposit Agreement.
1. “You” and “your” means: (i) a person who has applied for the Mobile Deposit Service for personal use, or (ii) a small business entity (or its authorized representative, as applicable) that has applied for the Service for business use by that authorized representative.
2. “Bank,” “we,” “us” and “our” mean City Bank & Trust Co. and its successors or assigns.
3. “Account” means your deposit account with us to which you are authorized to make a deposit using a Capture Device.
4. “Capture Device” means any device acceptable to us as we determine at any given time that provides for the capture of images from Items and for transmission through the clearing process.
5. “Check 21” means the Check Clearing for the 21st Century Act, as amended.
6. “End User License Agreement” means the agreement as set forth in Schedule A hereto governing the use of the application software you must download to your Capture Device in order to use the Service.
7. “Image” means the electronic image of the front and back of an Item, in addition to other required information, as specified by us, in the format we specify.
8. “Image Replacement Document” or “IRD” means a substitute check, as defined in Check 21.
9. “Item” is an original: check, cashier’s check, official check, United States Treasury check, or any other payment instrument, drawn on a financial institution within the United States and payable in United States currency that is payable to you. Items are deemed to be “items” under the Uniform Commercial Code and “checks” under Regulation CC.
10. “User Guide” means the application download instructions, device instructions and FAQs we provide to you on our Internet site from time to time, in addition to any help content contained within the software application that is downloaded to your Capture Device.
1. Mobile Deposit Service. Pursuant to the terms of this Agreement, you may use the Service to deposit Items to your Account by creating an Image of the Item using a Capture Device, and transmitting that Image to us for deposit. You may transmit Images to us only from a Capture Device located in the United States.
2. Hardware and Software Requirements. You agree to transmit an Image to us using only a Capture Device as we may have expressly authorized for your use to transmit Images. We may reject Images that you transmit to us with an unapproved Capture Device or by other means to which we have not given our consent. Any Capture Device that you use to transmit Images to us pursuant to this Agreement must be approved by us. We may change the list of approved Capture Devices from time to time. You are responsible for the security of the Capture Device, and for allowing its use only by individuals authorized by you. You agree to implement and maintain specific internal security controls to protect the Capture Device and customer information. We may require that you implement and maintain additional specific controls, and we may notify you of those controls and amend them from time to time.
You are responsible for all costs of using the Service and operating the Capture Device, including, but not limited to telephone and internet service charges. You are responsible for maintaining the system’s capacity and connectivity required for use of the Service. We reserve the right to change the hardware and software minimum requirements at any time and for any reason without any notice to you.
3. Image Quality. You are responsible for the image quality of any Image that you transmit. If an Image that we receive from you or for deposit to your Account is not of sufficient quality to satisfy our image quality standards as we may establish them from time to time, we may reject the Image without prior notice to you. Each Image must include the front and back of the Item, and the following information must be clearly readable: amount, payee name, drawer signature, date, check number, account number, routing and transit number, MICR (Magnetic Ink Character Recognition) line, and any endorsement or other information written on the check.
4. Processing Images. You authorize us to process any Image that you send us or convert an Image to an Image Replacement Document. You authorize us and any other bank to which an Image is sent to handle the Image or IRD. We reserve the right to reject and to refuse to process any Image you send to us for any reason or no reason, without prior notice to you. When using the Services, you may experience technical or other difficulties. We will attempt to post alerts on our website notify you of these interruptions in Service. We cannot assume responsibility for any technical or other difficulties or any resulting damages that you may incur.
5. Limits. We may establish limits on the dollar amount and/or number of Items or deposits from time to time. If you attempt to initiate a deposit in excess of these limits, we may reject your deposit. If we permit you to make a deposit in excess of these limits, such deposit will still be subject to the terms of this Agreement, and we will not be obligated to allow such a deposit at other times.
6. Deposit of Other Items; Deposits when Service Not Available. You agree that you will not use the Service to deposit anything not meeting the definition of an Item. If you use the Service to transmit anything that is not an Item, or if for any reason we are not able to recognize as an Item, we may reject it without prior notice to you. You agree to make those deposits through other channels that we offer, such as at a branch, ATM, or bank by mail. You further agree to use such other channels when the Service may not be available.
7. Returned Items. You are solely responsible for any Item for which you have been given provisional credit, and any such Item that is returned or rejected may be charged to your Account. You acknowledge that all credits received for deposits made through the Service are provisional, subject to verification and final settlement. Any Item that we return to you will be returned in the form of an Image or an IRD.
8. Handling of Transmitted Items. You agree not to allow an Item to be deposited or presented for payment more than once, to the extent that it could result in the payment of the Item more than once. You will not allow the transmission of an Image of an Item that has already been presented to us or to any bank by any other means. You will not allow transmission of an Image of an Item that has already been transmitted through the Service. If an Image of an Item has been transmitted to us or to any other bank, you will not allow the Item to be subsequently presented by any other means. If any Item is presented or deposited more than once, whether by Image or by any other means, we may, at our discretion, reject it or return it and charge it against your Account without prior notice to you. For any Image which you have transmitted, you shall be responsible for preventing the transmission of another Image of the Item or presentment of the Item by any other means. You agree to retain the Item for a minimum of five (5) calendar days from the date of the Image transmission, and thereafter to destroy each Item of which you have transmitted an Image after fourteen (14) days.
9. Cooperation with Investigations. You agree to cooperate with us in the investigation of unusual transactions, poor quality transmissions, and resolution of customer claims, including by providing, upon request and without further cost, any originals or copies of Items in your possession and your records relating to Items and transmissions.
10. Payment Processing.
a. Item Processing. At our sole discretion, we may process the Images you send to us electronically through other banks, or we may create Image Replacement Documents that will be processed through traditional check processing methods. If you send us Images that are incomplete, that fail to satisfy our image quality requirements, or otherwise do not allow us to meet the requirements of Check 21 or any image exchange agreement that would cover our further electronic transmission of Images that you send us, or we are otherwise unable to process Images that you send us, we may charge the Images back to your account. You agree to be bound by any clearinghouse agreements, operating circulars, and image exchange agreements to which we are a party.
b. Transmission of Items. The Images you send us are not considered received by us until you receive a message from us acknowledging that we have accepted your deposit. However, the confirmation that we send you does not mean that the transmission was complete or error free. As stated in Section 4 of this Agreement, we may refuse to process any Image you send to us for any reason or no reason whatsoever with no liability to you for our decision.
c. Funds Availability. If you make a deposit via Mobile Deposit before 5:00 p.m. on a business day that we are open, we will consider that day to be the day of your deposit. However, if you make a deposit via Mobile Deposit after 5:00 p.m. or on a day that we are not open, we will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day that we are open. Funds deposited through Mobile Deposit will be available the business day after the deposit was made. Funds from Items deposited through the Service will be made available to you pursuant to our Funds Availability Policy. See the section entitled “Funds Availability Policy” in your Deposit Agreement.
11. Fees. You are responsible for paying the fees for use of the Service as the Bank may charge them from time to time. The Bank may change the fees for use of the Service at any time pursuant to the section titled “Amendment” below. You authorize the Bank to deduct any such fees from any account in your name.
Use of the service after notice of the fee change shall be deemed to be acceptance on your part of the new terms.
12. Representations and Warranties. You make the following representations and warranties to us:
a. You and any user you authorize will use the Service only for lawful purposes and in compliance with all applicable rules and regulations and with our reasonable instructions, rules, policies, specifications, and operating procedures and will not violate any law of any country or the intellectual property rights of any third party.
b. You will use the Service to transmit and deposit Images of Items only.
c. You will transmit only Images of Items acceptable for deposit through the Service and will handle Items as agreed herein.
d. You are a person authorized to enforce each Item or are authorized to obtain payment of each Item on behalf of a person entitled to enforce an Item.
e. Items have not been altered.
f. Each Item bears all required and authorized endorsements.
g. All of the warranties set forth in Section 4-207 of the Uniform Commercial Code as adopted in the State of Nebraska, in addition to any other warranties made by us to any third party under any applicable law.
h. All Images accurately and legibly represent all of the information on the front and back of the Item.
i. You will not use the Service to transmit or deposit any Item, (i) payable to any person or entity other than you, (ii) drawn on your own account, (iii) which you know or should know to be fraudulent, altered, unauthorized, or missing a necessary endorsement, (iv) that is a substitute check or image replacement document, (v) that is drawn on an institution located outside of the United States, or (vi) that is created by you purportedly on behalf of the maker, such as a remotely created check.
j. No depositary bank, drawee, drawer, or endorser will receive presentment or return of, or otherwise be charged for, a substitute check, the original check, or a paper or electronic representation of a substitute check or the original check such that that person will be asked to make a payment based on a check that it already has paid.
k. You will use the Service as required by the User Guide.
l. Your understanding that acceptance of the End User License Agreement is required for use of the Service.
m. You, if acting on behalf of a small business entity, are fully authorized to execute this Agreement.
13. Indemnification and Limitations on Liability. In addition to the indemnifications and limitations on liability contained in the Mobile Banking Terms and Conditions and any other Disclosures made by us to you, you hereby indemnify and hold us harmless for any claim, cost, loss or damage caused directly or indirectly by your failure to comply with the terms of this Agreement or by your breach of any representation or warranty contained herein.
CITY BANK & TRUST CO. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OTHER THAN THOSE CAUSED SOLELY AND DIRECTLY BY ITS GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT, AND ITS LIABILITY SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE LESSER OF YOUR ACTUAL DAMAGES OR THE TOTAL IN FEES YOU PAID FOR THE USE OF THE SERVICE DURING THE SIX MONTH PERIOD PRIOR TO THE SUPPOSED ACT OF GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT. CITY BANK & TRUST CO. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED BY CITY BANK & TRUST CO. ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, AND THAT YOU USE IT AT YOUR SOLE RISK. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT, CITY BANK & TRUST CO. MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
14. Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer to you any ownership or proprietary rights in the Service, the Capture Device or any associated software or any part thereof. We or our agents retain all intellectual property rights, title and interest in and to the Service, Capture Device and any associated software. Neither you nor any user you authorize will:
a. sell, lease, distribute, license or sublicense the Service;
b. modify, change, alter, translate, create derivative works from, reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile the Service or any part of it in any way for any reason;
c. provide, disclose, divulge or make available to or permit use of the Service by any third party;
d. copy or reproduce all or any part of the Service; or
e. interfere, or attempt to interfere, with the Service in any way.
15. Termination. If Customer wants to terminate his or her access to the Service, he or she may call City Bank & Trust Co. at 402-826-2144 or 800-811-9001. City Bank & Trust Co. reserves the right to terminate or suspend the Service, at any time with or without cause and without prior written notice. Notwithstanding termination, any Image transmitted through the Service shall be subject to this Agreement.
16. Amendment. From time to time the Financial Institution may amend any of the terms and conditions contained in the Agreement, including without limitation, any cut-off time, any business day, and any part of the Schedules attached hereto. Such amendments shall become effective upon receipt of notice (unless such notice is specifically waived) by the Customer or such later date as may be stated in the Financial Institution’s notice to the Customer. If you do not agree with the change you may discontinue using the Service. However, if you continue to use the Service, that shall be deemed your acceptance of and agreement, its terms, and to the change.
17. Governing Law. This Agreement, and your rights and our obligations under this Agreement, are governed by and interpreted according to federal law and the law of the State of Nebraska. If state and federal law are inconsistent, or if the state law is preempted by the federal law, federal law governs.
18. Miscellaneous. We may waive enforcement of any provision of this Agreement. Any such waiver shall not affect our rights with respect to any other transaction or modify the terms of this Agreement. No waiver of any breach of this Agreement shall constitute a waiver of any prior or subsequent breach of this Agreement. In the event that any provision of this Agreement shall be determined to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable to any extent, the remainder of this Agreement shall not be impaired or otherwise affected and shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
19. Entire Agreement. This agreement, your Signature Card/Deposit Agreement, initial account disclosures, The Mobile Banking Terms and Conditions, any disclosures that modify this agreement, the Fiserv terms and conditions, City Bank & Trust Co.’s Funds Availability Policy and the End User License Agreement shall be considered the entire agreement between the parties. No other terms, promises or warranties have been made or suggested. Use of the service shall be an acceptance of all of the relevant terms on your part. In no event shall City Bank & Trust Co.’s marketing materials, user’s guide, website, other correspondence with you or discussions with you modify this agreement unless such modification is in the form of a disclosure and such modification clearly states it is meant to change the material terms of this agreement.
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
City Bank & Trust Co. (“Application Provider”) is willing to license the Mobile Deposit Application (“Application”), to you ONLY IF YOU ACCEPT ALL OF THE TERMS IN THIS END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (“License”). Application Provider is not willing to make the Application available under any other terms or subject to any conditions.
BEFORE YOU CHOOSE THE “I AGREE” BUTTON BELOW, CAREFULLY READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE. BY CHOOSING THE “I AGREE” BUTTON YOU ARE:
(1) CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY THIS LICENSE.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE, OR DO NOT REPRESENT THE FOREGOING, CHOOSE THE “DECLINE” BUTTON, IN WHICH CASE YOU WILL NOT AND MAY NOT RECEIVE, INSTALL OR USE THE APPLICATION.
Any use of the Application other than pursuant to the terms of this License is a violation of United States and international copyright laws and conventions.
1. Grant of License. Application Provider hereby grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to install the Application on your mobile device for your personal or small business use. You may not (and shall not permit any third party to): (i) copy (except as expressly permitted by this License), decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, modify, or create derivative works of the Application, any updates, or any part thereof; (ii) rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute or sublicense the Application; or (iii) otherwise exercise any other right to the Application not expressly granted in this License. The terms of this License will govern any upgrades provided by Application Provider that replace and/or supplement the original Application.
2. Ownership of Application. This License does not convey to you an interest in or to the Application, but only a limited right of use revocable in accordance with the terms of this License. The Application is NOT sold to you, and all rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to Application Provider and its licensors. Application Provider and its licensors own all right, title and interest in and to the Application. No license or other right in or to the Application is granted to you except for the rights specifically set forth in this License. You hereby agree to abide by United States copyright law and all other applicable laws of the United States and other nations and by any applicable international treaties.
3. Consent to Use of Data. You agree that Application Provider may collect and use technical data and related information, including but not limited to technical information about your device, system and application software and peripherals, that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support and other services to you (if any) related to the Application. Application Provider may use this information, as long as it is in a form that does not personally identify you, to improve its products or to provide services or technologies to you.
4. Termination. This License is valid until terminated by you or Application Provider. Application Provider may terminate the License at any time or for any reason. Your rights under this License will terminate immediately if you breach any term of this License. Upon termination of this License, you shall immediately cease all use of the Application and destroy all copies, full or partial, of the Application.
5. No Warranty. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT USE OF THE APPLICATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE APPLICATION AND ANY SERVICES PERFORMED OR PROVIDED BY THE APPLICATION (“SERVICES”) ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”, WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND APPLICATION PROVIDER HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE APPLICATION AND ANY SERVICES, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND/OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF ACCURACY, OF QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. APPLICATION PROVIDER DOES NOT WARRANT AGAINST INTERFERENCE WITH YOUR ENJOYMENT OF THE APPLICATION, THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN, OR SERVICES PERFORMED OR PROVIDED BY, THE APPLICATION WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE APPLICATION OR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE APPLICATION OR SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY APPLICATION PROVIDER OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY. SHOULD THE APPLICATION OR SERVICES PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS ON APPLICABLE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF A CONSUMER, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
6. Limitation of Liability. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL APPLICATION PROVIDER BE LIABLE FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE APPLICATION, HOWEVER CAUSED, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) AND EVEN IF APPLICATION PROVIDER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
7. Export Controls. You may not use or otherwise export or re-export the Application except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Application was obtained. In particular, but without limitation, the Application may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any U.S. embargoed countries or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the United States Department of Commerce Denied Person's List or Entity List. By using the Application, you represent and warrant that you are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also agree that you will not use these products for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, missiles, or chemical or biological weapons.
8. United States Government End Users. The Application is a “commercial item,” as that term is defined in 48 C.F.R. 2.101 (Oct. 1995), consisting of “commercial computer software” and “commercial computer software documentation,” as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Sept. 1995). Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4 (June 1995), all United States Government End Users acquire the Application with only those rights set forth herein.
9. Governing Law. The laws of the State of Nebraska govern this License and your use of the Application. Your use of the Application may also be subject to other local, state, national or international laws.
Touch ID™ for Mobile Banking.
Touch ID is an optional fingerprint sign-in method for City Bank & Trust Co. Mobile Banking that is currently available for most Apple® devices that have a fingerprint scanner. To use Touch ID, you will need to save your fingerprint by going to "Settings > Touch ID & Passcode" on your Apple device to complete the setup (for more help with fingerprint scanning, contact Apple support at apple.com/support). Fingerprints are stored on your device only and City Bank & Trust Co. never sees or stores your fingerprint information. You acknowledge that by enabling Touch ID, you will allow anyone who has a fingerprint stored on your device access to your personal and payment account information within City Bank & Trust Co. Mobile Banking. City Bank & Trust Co. reserves the right to suspend or disable this feature at any time. Touch ID can only be associated with one Mobile Banking username at a time on a device. If your device doesn’t recognize your fingerprint, you can sign in using your password. To use Touch ID for Mobile Banking on multiple devices, you will need to set it up for each device. You can enable or disable Touch ID anytime from the Services menu within City Bank & Trust Co. Mobile Banking.
Apple and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc. Currently, fingerprint sign-in for City Bank & Trust Co. Mobile Banking is only available on compatible iOS devices.
1. To the extent this Mobile Banking App allows you to access third party services, City Bank & Trust Co., and those third parties, as applicable, reserve the right to change, suspend, remove, or disable access to any of those services at any time without notice. In no event will we be liable for the removal of or disabling of access to any such services. We may also impose limits on the use of or access to certain services, in any case and without notice or liability.
2. THE MOBILE BANKING APP, THE SERVICES AND RELATED DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON- INFRINGEMENT. IN PARTICULAR, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE ACCESS TO ANY PART OF OUR SERVICE, AND OPERATION OF THE MOBILE BANKING APP OR THE SERVICES MAY BE INTERFERED WITH BY NUMEROUS FACTORS OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU TO THE EXTENT THEY ARE PROHIBITED BY STATE LAW.
3. Limitation of Liability. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT FROM TIME TO TIME, THE MOBILE BANKING APP AND THE SERVICES MAY BE DELAYED, INTERRUPTED OR DISRUPTED FOR AN INDETERMINATE AMOUNT OF TIME DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY INTERRUPTION, DISRUPTION OR FAILURE IN THE PROVISION OF THE SERVICES, WHETHER CAUSED BY STRIKES, POWER FAILURES, EQUIPMENT MALFUNCTIONS, INTERNET DISRUPTION OR OTHER REASONS. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS OR CONTRACTORS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE SERVICES THAT IS CAUSED BY OR ARISES OUT OF ANY SUCH DELAY, INTERRUPTION, DISRUPTION OR SIMILAR FAILURE. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS OR CONTRACTORS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, OR LOSS OF GOODWILL OR LOST PROFITS (EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE INSTALLATION, USE, OR MAINTENANCE OF THE MOBILE BANKING APP, OR THE SERVICES, OR THE WEBSITES THROUGH WHICH THE MOBILE BANKING APP OR THE SERVICE OFFERED, EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES WERE REASONABLY FORESEEABLE AND NOTICE WAS GIVEN REGARDING THEM. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS OR CONTRACTORS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE MOBILE BANKING APP, THE SERVICES OR THE WEBSITE THROUGH WHICH THE APP OR THE SERVICES IS OFFERED, THAT YOU DO NOT STATE IN WRITING IN A COMPLAINT FILED IN A COURT OR ARBITRATION PROCEEDING WITHIN TWO (2) YEARS OF THE DATE THAT THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM OCCURRED. THESE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER ARISING FROM BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY, AND THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF OUR AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS AND CONTRACTORS AND THE EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS OF EACH OF THESE, TO YOU AND ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR OBLIGATIONS RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO DIRECT OUT OF POCKET DAMAGES UP TO A MAXIMUM OF $500 (FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS). SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
4. Unless our account agreement with you states otherwise, this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State in which you reside, without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. To the extent that the terms of this Agreement conflict with applicable state or federal law, such state or federal law shall replace such conflicting terms only to the extent required by law. Unless expressly stated otherwise, all other terms of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
City Bank & Trust Co. Alerts Terms and Conditions
Alerts. Your enrollment in City Bank & Trust Co. Online Banking and/or Mobile Banking (the “Service”) includes enrollment to receive transaction alerts and notifications (“Alerts”). Alerts are electronic notices from us that contain transactional information about your City Bank & Trust Co. account(s). Alerts are provided within the following categories:
• Mandatory Alerts provide you with important account notifications, such as information about changes to your Online Banking password, PIN, or login information. You do not have the option to suppress these Mandatory Alerts.
• Account Alerts provide you with notification of important account activities or when certain changes are made to your Service accounts. These Alerts are automatically activated for you. Although you may suppress these Account Alerts, we strongly recommend that you do not do so because they provide important information related to your Service accounts.
• Additional Alerts must be activated by you to be enabled. These Additional Alerts can be accessed from the More menu within City Bank & Trust Co. Mobile Banking.
Account Alerts and Additional Alerts must be managed and/or added online through the Service. You cannot maintain all Alerts through your mobile device. We may add new Alerts from time to time, or cancel old Alerts. We usually notify you when we cancel Alerts, but are not obligated to do so. City Bank & Trust Co. reserves the right to terminate its Alerts service at any time without prior notice to you.
Methods of Delivery. We may provide Alerts through one or more channels (“EndPoints”): (a) a mobile device, by text message; (b) a mobile device, by push notification; (c) an email account, by an e-mail message; or (d) your City Bank & Trust Co. Online Banking message in-box, by an e-mail message. You agree to receive Alerts through these EndPoints, and it is your responsibility to determine that each of the service providers for the EndPoints described in (a) through (c) above supports the email, push notification, and text message Alerts provided through the Alerts service. Please be advised that text or data charges or rates may be imposed by your EndPoint service provider. Alert frequency varies by account and preferences. You agree to provide us a valid mobile phone number or email address so that we may send you Alerts. If your email address or your mobile device’s number changes, you are responsible for informing us of that change. Your Alerts will be updated to reflect the changes that you communicate to us with regard to your primary and secondary email addresses or mobile device number.
Alerts via Text Message. To stop Alerts via text message, text "STOP" to 99588 at any time. Alerts sent to your primary email address will be unaffected by this action. To restore Alerts on your mobile phone, just visit the Alerts tab in City Bank & Trust Co. Online Banking and click the box next to your mobile number for the Alerts you’d like to receive again. For help with SMS text alerts, text “HELP” to 99588. In case of questions please contact customer service at 800-811-9001. Our participating carriers include (but are not limited to) AT&T, SprintPCS, T-Mobile®, U.S. Cellular®, Verizon Wireless, MetroPCS.
Limitations. City Bank & Trust Co. provides Alerts as a convenience to you for information purposes only. An Alert does not constitute a bank record for the deposit or credit account to which it pertains. We strive to provide Alerts in a timely manner with accurate information. However, you acknowledge and agree that your receipt of any Alerts may be delayed or prevented by factor(s) affecting your mobile phone service provider, internet service provider(s) and other factors outside City Bank & Trust Co.’s control. We neither guarantee the delivery nor the accuracy of the contents of each Alert. You agree to not hold City Bank & Trust Co., its directors, officers, employees, agents and service providers liable for losses or damages, including attorneys’ fees, that may arise, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from (a) a non-delivery, delayed delivery, or the misdirected delivery of an Alert; (b) inaccurate or incomplete content in an Alert; or (c) your reliance on or use of the information provided in an Alert for any purpose.
Alert Information. As Alerts delivered via SMS, email and push notifications are not encrypted, we will never include your passcode or full account number. You acknowledge and agree that Alerts may not be encrypted and may include your name and some information about your accounts, and anyone with access to your Alerts will be able to view the contents of these messages.
Privacy and User Information – Data Analytics. You acknowledge that in connection with your use of Mobile Banking, City Bank & Trust Co. and its affiliates and service providers, including Fiserv, Inc. and its affiliates, may receive data about your usage of the service (such as session length, number of transactions and geolocation), and other data and information provided by you or from other sources in connection with Mobile Banking or the Software. City Bank & Trust Co. and its affiliates and service providers will maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the information from unauthorized disclosure or use, but reserve the right to use and disclose this information as reasonably necessary to deliver Mobile Banking, perform analytics to improve the service, and as otherwise permitted by law, including compliance with court orders or lawful instructions from a government agency, to protect the personal safety of subscribers or the public, to defend claims, and as otherwise authorized by you.
Fingerprint Login for Mobile Banking
Fingerprint Login is an optional fingerprint sign-in method for City Bank & Trust Co. Mobile Banking that may be available for certain Android® mobile devices that have a built-in fingerprint scanner. To use Fingerprint Login, you will need to first save your fingerprint on your mobile device (for more help with fingerprint scanning, contact the manufacturer that supports your mobile device). Fingerprints are stored on your device only and City Bank & Trust Co. never sees or stores your fingerprint information. You acknowledge that by enabling Fingerprint Login, you will allow anyone who has a fingerprint stored on your device access to your personal and payment account information within City Bank & Trust Co. Mobile Banking. City Bank & Trust Co. reserves the right to suspend or disable this feature at any time. Fingerprint Login can only be associated with one Mobile Banking username at a time on a device. If your device does not recognize your fingerprint, you can sign in using your standard login credentials (e.g. password). To use Fingerprint Login for Mobile Banking on multiple devices, you will need to set it up for each device. You can enable or disable Fingerprint Login anytime within City Bank & Trust Co. Mobile Banking.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.